PACCAR Australia has a proud 50-year history of manufacturing and selling trucks and related services and parts in Australia. From its inception in 1966, to the production of the 60,000th Kenworth truck in 2017, to the importing and selling of the multi-award winning DAF Trucks, all supported and complemented by PACCAR Parts, PACCAR Financial and most recently PacLease, the company has celebrated a number of significant milestones. By taking the best practices in product and service development from PACCAR Inc. and, not just adapting them for the local market but reengineering them to suit the unique Australian conditions, PACCAR Australia has been awarded a range of accolades for its commitment to Australian manufacturing, its employees and innovation.
PACCAR Australia’s products are sold through an independent and extensive dealer network, which is strategically located across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
To maximise the value we deliver to our customers by providing the highest quality trucks, parts and services, while continuously fostering profitable growth
To be the most respected and successful commercial vehicle solutions provider
The following values establish the foundation on which PACCAR Australia conducts its business and participates in both the marketplace and community
- Safety – we apply the principle of SAFETY FIRST in everything we do
- Quality – all products and services reflect PACCAR’s high standards
- Integrity – our actions adhere to the highest ethics and standards of business conduct; we do what we say we are going to do
- People – we treat our employees, customers, dealers and suppliers with respect and dignity
- Customer Service – we deliver a level of service and support that exceeds our customers expectations
- Communication – we practice effective communication and encourage participation
- Innovation – we encourage innovation in pursuit of continuous improvement and competitive advantage
- Teamwork – we collaborate to achieve the best possible results
- Social Responsibility – we are committed to reducing waste, using natural resources efficiently and giving back to the communities in which we work
A vibrant and exciting business, PACCAR Australia offers great opportunities for long and successful careers. Starting with a comprehensive induction program, the range of paths our employees can take is extensive. The benefits of working at PACCAR Australia include wide-ranging training options, on-site cafe, free parking and opportunities for advancement in all areas of the business.
In 1905 William Pigott Snr founded Seattle Car MFg Co, which later merged with Twohy Brothers to become Pacific Car and Foundry Company. More than 110 years later PACCAR Inc. is now one of the world’s largest companies with more than 23,000 employees, and multiple manufacturing sites and offices around the world. PACCAR was recognised as a technology leader in InformationWeek magazine’s ‘2015 Elite 100 Companies’.
The PACCAR dealer network for Kenworth and DAF trucks is one of the strongest in Australia, comprising factory-trained, experienced technicians who have access to modern facilities, diagnostic equipment and specialist tooling. Offering a wide range of services from truck cleaning to total overhauls, your local Kenworth and DAF dealership has the specialist equipment, skills and expertise to look after you and your truck.
All PACCAR engines are designed to offer the highest standards of economy, reliability and durability. PACCAR Engines are cleaner and deliver high power and torque at low engine speeds. The outstanding quality of the current range of PACCAR engines is a reflection of over 50 years experience that PACCAR has accumulated in the development and production of its own engines.