As a leading manufacturer of heavy duty trucks, parts distributor and responsible corporate citizen, PACCAR Australia is committed to preventing pollution and minimising the impact of its operations on the environment and the community.
As part of this commitment, PACCAR Australia has implemented an ongoing program of continuous improvement in environmental practices appropriate to the scale and location of its activities, products and services. In addition, PACCAR Australia has developed and implemented an environmental management system certifiable to ISO 14001:2015. Leadership is demonstrated by fully integrating environmental, social and economically sustainable principles and practices into the business’ operational activities. We are a committed business that continually raises the bar, setting the benchmark for other businesses across the globe.
PACCAR Australia will:
- Comply with all applicable environmental legislation, regulations, licenses, industry guidelines and voluntary agreements and strive to operate to a higher standard than that required.
- Assign clear management and employee roles and responsibilities to ensure that the company’s environmental objectives and obligations are fully addressed.
- Identify and implement sustainable practices that incorporate resource conservation, waste minimisation and responsible environmental management.
- Establish a framework for the setting and review of environmental objectives and targets as part of our ISO 14001 System.
- Deliver effective training and communication that will educate and inform staff, employees and contractors, and in doing so enable them to understand their responsibilities and contribute to improvements in the company’s environmental performance.
- Communicate company initiatives and progress in environmental performance to interested parties, such as employees, contractors, customers, suppliers, government agencies and the wider community.
- Design products in an environmentally friendly manner, determine environmental requirements on products and services to be purchased and communicate these to our suppliers, as well as provide relevant information to customers and users.